First elected to the Melbourne City Council in 2008, Dr Cathy Oke has over 20 years’ experience in the sustainability sector.
Cr Oke currently works at the Clean Air and Urban Landscapes Research Hub, based at the University of Melbourne.
Cr Cathy Oke is Chair of the Environment portfolio and Deputy Chair of the Finance and Governance and Transport portfolios.
Cr Oke is Council representative on the following committees and bodies:
- Chief Executive Officer Employment Matters Committee
- Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Group
- Parks and Gardens Advisory Committee
- Metropolitan Local Governments’ Waste Forum
- Melbourne Ecocity World Summit Advisory Board (as Council’s representative on ICLEI)
- International Council for Local Environment Initiatives (ICLEI) Regional Executive Committee, Global Executive Committee, Board of the International Council for Local Environment Initiatives (ICLEI) World Secretariat (ICLEI e.V)
- Yarra Park Advisory Committee (subject to approval and transition process by relevant authority).
A resident in the City of Melbourne municipality for more than 30 years, Cathy is committed to supporting programs which enable a safe, vibrant and creative community.
Rohan Leppert is a musician, who lives and works in Kensington.
Rohan is Chair of the City of Melbourne’s Arts, Culture and Heritage portfolio and Deputy Chair of the Planning portfolio. He also chairs the Music Advisory Committee.
Elected to Council in 2012, Rohan stood as a member of the Australian Greens on a platform of keeping Melbourne liveable, with a focus on planning policy reform to ensure Melbourne’s sustainability for future generations.
Prior to 2012, Rohan worked for many years as a community and political campaigner. He managed the campaign to elect Adam Bandt to the House of Representatives and has worked in Federal Parliament as a Policy and Legislation Adviser.
Rohan is a strong supporter of programs which promote community and creativity, and has a commitment to involving the community in Council plans and decisions as much as possible.
Rohan is Council representative on the following committees and bodies:
- Music Strategy Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Municipal Association of Victoria (Board Member)
- Victorian Local Governance Association (alternate delegate).
He has a particular passion for supporting Melbourne’s vibrant arts scene and cultural heritage, and in supporting Melbourne’s indigenous and emerging artists and the creation of new public art.